Monarch High Performance Academy
If you are serious about becoming the best athlete possible, are committed to improving your overall ability, and are looking to push yourself beyond your normal limits. Then join Monarch, High Performance Academy. We will provide you with an organic and customized training program to assist you in reaching above and beyond your potential. Let Monarch High Performance Academy allow you to become the most skilled, resilient athlete you never thought you could be.'
Level 3 High Performance Coach
Adam Fahey brings 25 years coaching experience as a performance focused coach with proven leadership, team building and player development skills (physical, mental and personal development).
With proven ability to manage camps, relate well to developing youth of all abilities, and to identify talent. Adam has strong ability to work under pressure, meet demanding deadlines and adapt quickly to changing situations. He strives to achieve optimal results, exceed expectations and effectively drive the process of continual improvement across all areas of responsibility.
- Coaching Present
- 2012 Director of Rugby and 1st Grade Head Coach, Queanbeyan Whites (ACT Premier Competition)
- 2016 NRC, Canberra Vikings, Forwards Coach
- 2016 Brumbies Runners, Forwards Coach
- 2015 – 2012 Brumbies Schoolboys Coach, National Schoolboy Championships
- 2015 Assistant Coach, ACT Griffins (Canberra Vikings NRC B Program)
- 2015 Coach, Brumbies 7’s, National 7’s Championships
- 2014 - 2012 Coaching Consultant and Manager, ACT Cricket Under 19 and Under 17 teams
- 2011 - 2009 Director of Rugby and 1st Grade Head Coach, University/Norths (ACT Premier Competition)
- 2011 - 2007 Brumbies Talent Centre
- 2009 Coaching Coordinator, Brumbies Under 16’s, Brumbies Academy
- Referee Coach Coordinator, Australian Schoolboys Championship Division 2
- Junior Gold Squad Program, Australian Rugby Union
- 2008 Head Coach, Brumbies 16’s
Director & Level 3 High Performance Coach
Andrew Dawson’s experience has developed from successful involvement in the player development and management of Australian male first class players. Players such as Jason Behrendorff, Ryan Carters, Nathan Lyon and Alex Ross and most recently with Australian female first class players as the likes of Rene Farrell and Erin Osborne. Andrew is a Cricket Australia High Performance Level 3 coach, who co-coached the ACT Comets program with Mark Higgs when they won the Cricket Australia Cup, was the Head Fast Bowling Coach for Cricket ACT on the Cricket Australia panel, and coached the ACT Meteors for four seasons with the highlight of coming runners-up in the Cricket Australia Women’s National League T20 competition.
- 2015/16 Head Coach ACT/NSW Country Under 18's
- 2015/16 Head Coach ACT Meteors WNCL Squad
- 2014/15 Head Coach ACT Meteors WNCL Squad
- 2014/15 Assistant Coach CA Chairman’s XI vs. West Indian Women
- 2013/14 Head Coach ACT Meteors WNCL Squad (runners-up of the national CA WT20 competition)
- 2013/14 Coach Buddha Cricket Academy, Pokhara, Nepal
- 2012/13 Head Coach ACT Meteors WNCL Squad
- 2012/13 Coach Madan Lall Cricket Academy New Delhi, India
- 2011/12 Joint Head Coach ACT Comets Futures League Squad
- 2011/12 Coach Madan Lall Cricket Academy New Delhi, India
- 2011/12 Head Coach ACT Under 19’s
- 2010/11 Joint Head Coach ACT Comets Futures League Squad (winners of the national CA four day second XI competition)
- 2010/11 Joint Head Coach CACT High Performance Development Squad tour to Jaipur, India
- 2010/11 Coach Madan Lall Cricket Academy New Delhi, India
- 2010/11 Head Coach ACT Under 19’s
- 2009/10 Joint Head Coach ACT Comets Futures League Squad
"Andrew has been an integral part of the successful Cricket ACT Youth representative squads over the years" Nathan Lyon said. "I, like many others who have moved from the ACT to pursue first class professional cricket careers in other states over these years, have been fortunate to have had Andrew and the Cricket ACT development and pathway programs to support us”.
Director & Level 3 High Performance Coach
Mark's experience has stemmed from national and international exposure, both in a playing and a coaching capacity, providing him with vital experience in identifying and developing quality cricketers. Mark is a Cricket Australia High Performance Level 3 coach who has proven coaching abilities and comprehensive experience in elite development and performance improvement of both male and female athletes.
- 2013 Coach of Cricket Australia Chairman’s XI
- 2008/14 Cricket Australia National Spin Panel
- 2008/14 Guest Coach National Cricket Centre
- 2006/14 Head Coach of the ACT
- 2006/13 Coach of Prime Ministers XI
- Joint Head Coach CACT High Performance Development Squad tour to Jaipur, India
Playing experience includes:
- 2012 Hobart Hurricanes Big Bash League
- 2006/11 ACT Comets (Captain)
- 2002/05 South Australia Redbacks
- 2000 Australia
- 2000/02 Australia A
- 1996/02 New South Wales Blues
“Mark and I have been close personal friends for more than 20 years. I still confide in him about all things cricket, he has great knowledge and understands the modern game” Brad Haddin.
“Without Mark and Cricket ACT’s help in my early development I would not be where I am today. Mark was instrumental in my bowling career.” Nathan Lyon.
Director & Performance Management Specialist
Doug Grierson has well over 30 years’ experience in the Australian Defence Force and Private Sector.
As an athlete, he competed at a national and high international performance level in both basketball and sailing.
Doug brings elite insight, as he is acutely aware of the need to perform under pressure with many years of proven experience working at the front line with Fighter Pilots and Technical Defence Personnel.
Today, Doug successfully runs his own recruitment business which operates in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore allowing him to assist individuals and teams to defy the average.
Level 3 Head Coach
Simon Helmot, International T20 Coach and High Performance Specialist, has become one of the most respected Cricket Coaches in Australia with over 20 years of experience. Domestically Simon, as pictured has been involved with the Melbourne Renegades and Victorian Bushrangers. He is currently coaching in the three most prominent T20 competitions in the world: IPL Hyderabad Sunrisers, BBL Hobart Hurricanes and CPL Trinbago Knight.